© Bucknall Team Ministry 2010
The Parish of
St Mary The Virgin
There have been several churches built on this site since the fifteenth century. The present Church of St Mary the Virgin was built in 1853, and consecrated in 1856. The building was designed by Messrs H Ward and Sons of Hanley, and built by Thomas Reeves of Warrington, using stone from the Armshead Quarry. It is a traditional building, with a steeple, and some interesting stained glass windows. Around it is a church yard where burials took place until recently.
The purpose of any church service is to honour God, and to listen to His voice, and we believe we should enjoy doing it! Worship is varied, and includes both traditional and modern choruses, played by a worship band.
In eget sapien vitae massa rhoncus lacinia. Nullam at leo nec metus aliquam semper. Phasellus tincidunt, ante nec lacinia ultrices, quam mi dictum libero.
Morbi pellentesque, mauris interdum porta tincidunt, neque orci molestie mauris, vitae iaculis dolor felis at nunc. Maecenas eu diam a leo porta interdum.
During 2008, an extensive modernisation programme took place inside the church, and it is now bright, warm, well decorated and has comfortable seating. The decision was also made to include a small kitchen at the side of the church to provide drinks of coffee or tea after the Sunday morning and Wednesday morning services. It is a comfortable place for us to chat to one another.
During the Sunday morning service, there is a crèche for younger children, and a Sunday school for older children.
The order of service is printed in large print for those who need it, and there is also a hearing loop, wheelchair access, and a toilet for the disabled.